Winter Weather

Do you have a post that does not fit anywhere else in this forum?
If so, post it here.
User avatar
DM1
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:00 pm
Location: Illinois

Winter Weather

Postby DM1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:42 pm

It's the first day of winter - the winter solstice. The sun is over the Tropic of Capricorn. Soon the days will start to get longer.

Today's weather was around 40 degrees, partly cloudy
2 x

User avatar
1-C
Posts: 3856
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:59 pm
Location: Funny California

Re: Winter Weather

Postby 1-C » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:55 am

14 degrees warmer out here... but definitely also partly cloudy out here as well.

:think: Longer days? Will definitely notice that here too :wink:
2 x

User avatar
RustyMcNuggets
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:10 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Winter Weather

Postby RustyMcNuggets » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:14 am

It darn near feels like an early April morning where I am. Claims it's 38 out though. No wind though, so maybe it's because we've had so much wind over the last few weeks, that today's calm throwing us a curve-ball.
Bottom is supposed to drop out by tomorrow morning and they were calling for a high of 20 on Sunday with a low of 8. That's been pushed to Tuesday.
Our current forecast is predicting 60% chance of snow Saturday and 40% chance Sunday.
DM knows.. In Illinois, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute.
1 x

User avatar
RustyMcNuggets
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:10 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Winter Weather

Postby RustyMcNuggets » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:52 am

Gotta love ice storms. Everything is frozen here. Yesterday around 5pm it was 61 degrees and raining. It had been raining off and on all day.
By 9pm it had dropped 37 degrees to 24 degrees out and it was an ice rink.
Overnight we had about a quarter inch of ice, on top of the already frozen up rain, and snow followed.
This morning, went outside at 6:30 and it was reading 9 degrees on the thermometer outside. Trying to get into our cars to start them and warm them up was like trying to break into a bank vault.
Okay Mother Nature, we've had enough.
2 x


Return to “Anything Else”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests