King of phone numbers...

This might be a little duplicative of another subforum here ... but it can be used as a place to post "sightings" of a scam ... without posting a defense or solution.
(If too redundant, the topic can be deleted)
Kellie
King of phone numbers...

Post by Kellie » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:55 pm

I am blocking all 'my' harassing phone numbers directly on my phone.
So, I receive little click from my phone, every time somebody calls me, so I can see who is calling and who was blocked. And that's OK.

What I noticed, there is one new trend (maybe not so new, at least for me, is), flexible, phone numbers who represent all Spams and Scams. One number fits all. Name it: Pharmacy, IRS-grants $7000, $9000, Microsoft problems, Non profit organization, Telemarketer, Yahoo, Debt collector, those are only few of resourceful ideas, those gays have and it is this particular phone number (323)524-0755.

Is a little funny, that some creeps from some boiler room from, who knows where, use other spammers ideas of spamming :headbang:
I am not particularly upset, because I really don't get phone calls anymore, maybe twice in one month, but bothers me, some people are bombarded with 20 calls in half an hour or they are called all day long.For days. Sad.
3 x

Kellie

Re: King of phone numbers...

Post by Kellie » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:17 am

Downing, I am old fox when it comes to spammers, as I said, not answering the phone I don't recognize number, I reduced calls to about one or two a month. After they call, I don't answer, of course, but immediately block number.
But for this I needed about 5 years of discipline and control.
I am not sorry for that, after I block one, I feel satisfied, empowered and a little bad in good sense, like, I did good deed :evilyes:
3 x

Slim
Curmudgeon

Post by Slim » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Dawning -
We need to just ignore every call that comes from number we don't recognize.
Yep. That is the suggestion we make to all victims posting on 800Notes, particularly if they do not have a call blocker.
Caller ID is inexpensive, and answering machines / voicemail capability is also inexpensive. A few dollars spent on defensive devices cold save potential victims hundreds of dollars and a lot of heartburn.
5 x

RustyMcNuggets

Post by RustyMcNuggets » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:12 pm

To add to what the wise Slim said.. If you only have an answering machine, don't make your own greeting message for the answering machine. Just go with the automated, robot greeting message that comes with the device.
5 x

Kellie

Post by Kellie » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:39 pm

I am blocking them on my cell phone I don't need any other machine. Working...thank you guys :tiphat:
3 x

Kellie

Post by Kellie » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:38 pm

Yes, I forgot to tell you, I am member of 800Notes from 2013. writing before, so about 4 years ago, I went to your school 'how to avoid spammers and scammers', so thanks to you, I can give advises in this my community here.
It's amazing how average people is still not informed, uneducated and argue with suspicious callers, claiming we have to bi polite to everybody, they are human being too, haha, when I say, I don't think so, I am mean European lady (I still can get away with lot of stuff being 'European lady', even American citizen for long time :angel: ).
3 x