Howdy

If you wish, post a little info about yourself - your interests or background in scam detection / defense / counteracting / education ... whatever. Also, let us know how you found us. (These entries are completely optional!)
Hortensia
Howdy

Post by Hortensia » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:40 pm

My user name is in memory of my mother. My nickname is SueP. I am a transplanted Philadelphian in the retirement state of Delaware.

I discovered 800notes while researching odd telephone numbers. My first experience was the "problem with my computer scam". I was sitting on the porch, cell phone rang and a strong middle eastern accent advised me there was a problem with my computer. Ms. thick SueP :headbang: kept saying she could not understand why he was calling because I had not initiate the call. After a few minutes, he became frustrated and uttered an expletive before hanging up. Hmmm. Something is amiss and I started "googling" phone numbers. Of all the services 800notes seems to be the best.

I enjoy sharing information because there is strength in knowledge.
5 x

DM1

Re: Howdy

Post by DM1 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:51 pm

Welcome Hortensia! I was the one that invited you at 800notes. I will have Herman contact you shortly to finalize the registration process. This might take a day or two, so please be patient. In the meantime, please write down this website.

Please contact Herman at admin@800auxiliary.com with any questions or concerns.
3 x

1-C

Post by 1-C » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:16 pm

And a welcome (a big welcome at that too) from me Hortensia :hapsmile:

I always thought each thread/post you had over at 800notes was always both very useful and helpful. Good info! :)

And yea, you have to laugh at those tech support scammers with their thick Indian or mid eastern accents ... one of these days I'll catch one and trip them up with a question about fixing my "Abacus BC2300" :wink: :lol:
3 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:56 pm

Welcome Hortensia! :-D The info you post is very enlightening and much welcomed! :sunray:

SMH.. I like to mess with the microscammers occasionally when they call. Don't get many calls these day's. :lol: They get real flustered when you play deaf!
3 x
Ahr'lhonaema ihirer hotaessraei hwiunaier iarr'voi ortaihkhevha na sienov!
It is cowardice to be reluctant to take up the sword for a just cause!

MJG

Post by MJG » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:07 pm

Welcome to the group. I was born & raised about 50 miles west of you (Berks County). You will learn quite a bit from the other posters in this group and you have posted some very good information on 800notes already.

(Go Flyers!)
4 x