Where is Everybody?

If you wish, post a little info about yourself - your interests or background in scam detection / defense / counteracting / education ... whatever. Also, let us know how you found us. (These entries are completely optional!)
1-C
Re: Where is Everybody?

Post by 1-C » Fri May 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Awwwww Kellie :smileup: your Enlish is fine! :wink: Like I once said on a thread a while back at 800notes ... you're doing good! LOL not perfect but still clear and understandable :hapsmile: .

A little more about me ... I come from a family of 6 kids :wideye: :headbang: (don't know how my mom handled it though with so many kids), she was into nursing while my father was a lawyer (first in private practice then eventually with the State). At one time I had a family of three wonderful cats that were the sweetest little characters one could imagine.

For a long time I was what some would call a "professional student" lol. Majors were Art, Drama/Acting and Banking and Finance (that was through the community college), more recently I took courses in and got degrees in Computer Business Administration and finally in Computer Support Technician where I went on to get several IT certifications. (The rest about me is on the previous page :wink:)

Hey BigA, did ya solve how to make OJ green for St. Patty's Day? :wink: :tngraz:
Yep, I hear that about the cats too, one of mine was a bit territorial about a certain room in the house with the other ... would hiss and growl at her but anywhere else they were fine! LOL cats for ya!
6 x

1-C

Post by 1-C » Fri May 01, 2015 5:45 pm

LOL!

Sounds like neither one wanted to take turns on the bed. And yep I can just picture that leap too. They can be little darlings yet at the same time total characters. My sister has one that likes to make like a hat and sits on her head while my sister naps on the chair ... with a tail swaying one side to the other kind of like a furry "windshield wiper".
4 x

Elspeth

Post by Elspeth » Fri May 01, 2015 5:47 pm

Kellie - your ceramics are beautiful! Your English is very good for a second language (I used to work at one time with doctors, many who spoke English as a second language - that could get funny at times)!

1-C - SIX kids? o_0 Your mum had her hands full, that's for sure!

BigA - yes, nothing like a cat launching itself on or off your head a 0' dark early! :D
4 x
The truth is lived, not taught. - Herman Hesse

1-C

Post by 1-C » Fri May 01, 2015 5:56 pm

El, yup six kids! I was the second oldest. She was a real sweety, put all six of us as being the most important to her over anything else. One of my sisters though would always refer to her as "the best mom," me ... as either a saint or even an angel (well, she had to be to handle six kids after all. Lol). Bless her heart, she always would say the 6 of us were her "little angels" while my aunt would say we were little "monsters" (and we were).

But everyone who knew her both said she was really a sweet person and loved her :hapsmile:, she was that kind of person! :smileup:
5 x

yef

Post by yef » Fri May 01, 2015 6:37 pm

I second others' comments - Kellie's ceramics are lovely :hapsmile:

It's interesting to see what everyone else does/has done in their non-800notes/aux life!
Here's something that I'll be attending this summer (this will be my 5th visit to this festival and 12th time to Ireland Image):

http://www.scoilsamhraidhwillieclancy.com/ It's a huge traditional music and dance festival in Co. Clare in the west of Ireland. It's amazing. AND it's in only two months!! I'd better start packing my dance shoes immediately :tngraz:

5 x

Elspeth

Post by Elspeth » Fri May 01, 2015 7:03 pm

That's funny, yef! I'm actually going back to Scotland for about 10 days in June. This year is my parents 60th wedding anniversary, so we're invited to their celebration. Mom is 84 years old and Dad will be 91 mid-November. :) No loud parties - just a nice family dinner at a good restaurant. I joked with my Mom that we should just go up to the local "Chippie" and get a bunch of fish and pudding suppers! LOL It's expensive as all get out to fly though, looking at $3600 for flights for DH and I. We will enjoy visiting several historic places (Dunfermline Abbey for one - my DH is related to Robert the Bruce!), but mostly we want to spend time with my Mom and Dad. My son and daughter will also be visiting at the same time (courtesy of their father).
5 x
The truth is lived, not taught. - Herman Hesse

1-C

Post by 1-C » Fri May 01, 2015 7:12 pm

** Looks at both El & Yef with envy** :tngraz:

The only time I ever was out of the U.S. was back in 1969 when my mom drove us up to New Westminister and we took a ferry over to Victoria in BC!

But hope you both have a wonderful time! :smileup: Yef, have a great time at that festival and ... wow 'em for us! :hapsmile:
5 x

yef

Post by yef » Fri May 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Elspeth - I'll be going to Scotland in June 2016. That visit will focus on Skye and Orkney (both of which I've been to twice before but I am soooo looking forward to going back!!) I've been to Melrose Abbey, where the Bruce's heart was supposedly buried. My Scottish grandparents made it past their 60th wedding anniversary! How wonderful that you'll soon be visiting your homeland Image Sounds like you'll have a fab time!
And you're right about flight costs! I'm looking at a min of $1600 for Ireland this July :evilno:
4 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Sat May 02, 2015 10:54 pm

Sounds like fun you guy's! I wish I could sneak into your suitcases and go along! I've had a longing to visit two places. Australia and Ireland.. Well, I would have to win the lotto to do so though and why stop with those two if one wins the lotto right? :lol:

I hope you all post up some pics from your trips! :-D

Kellie, I love your bowls! Especially the one lower right! It caught my eye! :) Very talented there! :-D

And don't worry, your doing great! :)
3 x
Ahr'lhonaema ihirer hotaessraei hwiunaier iarr'voi ortaihkhevha na sienov!
It is cowardice to be reluctant to take up the sword for a just cause!

Kellie

Post by Kellie » Mon May 04, 2015 8:14 am

Thank you Tami, yef, C and others.
Here today sleepy rainy morning, I would like spend whole day in the bed, but I going to gym, for 60 minutes of sweat, blood and tears (OK, no tears and no blood either).
I treated my lawn yesterday against grubs, so rain is welcome. :sleep:
4 x