Where is Everybody?

If you wish, post a little info about yourself - your interests or background in scam detection / defense / counteracting / education ... whatever. Also, let us know how you found us. (These entries are completely optional!)
Elspeth
Re: Where is Everybody?

Post by Elspeth » Fri May 22, 2015 9:24 pm

1-C wrote:El's right, MzFish! We are very very glad to have you here and at 800! :)

(But hmmmm El ... guess that would only make me a real-live Quarter Scot)! :thinker: :think: :wink: :tngraz:
My Dads side of the family has the Scotish connection :wink:
What's really funny is I'm 27% Irish according to my DNA. My Mum said "how did THAT happen?" LOL
2 x
The truth is lived, not taught. - Herman Hesse

1-C

Post by 1-C » Fri May 22, 2015 9:31 pm

LOL! El, I'm still trying to figure out what percentage of each I am ... I know my great grand mother on my Mom's side was from France, but outside of my dear old grandmother being from southern England... one of my uncles traced my grandfathers family back to Cornwall! I know on my Dad's side there's not only English but the family name is Welsh, and my Father used to have the family plaid (including kilt) along with Crest from the Scotch side of the family. And yep, still a bit o' the Irish also running through my veins as well!
2 x

yef

Post by yef » Fri May 22, 2015 9:47 pm

Elspeth wrote: What's really funny is I'm 27% Irish according to my DNA. My Mum said "how did THAT happen?" LOL
:greentooth: LOL Elspeth! It has been said that the Scots were originally a Celtic tribe, the Scoti, that came from what is now Northern Ireland many centuries ago, so let's go with that explanation :lol:
2 x

1-C

Post by 1-C » Fri May 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Well, as best as I can tell

•37.7% English , 25% Canadian, 12.5% French, and 6.25% Scot, Irish and Welch! Oh and because both my dad and then I were born here in the US of A … 100% American! LOL :wink:

(But then if the Scots were originally a Celtic tribe that came from what's more recently known as Northern Ireland … Hmmm either I'd be 12.5% Scot or Irish :tngraz: ) :lol: :wink:
4 x

Kellie

Post by Kellie » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:31 pm

I am Croatian originally, but American citizen, so 100% American.
My only regret, I wasn't born in America, so I couldn't be president :)
3 x

1-C

Post by 1-C » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:41 pm

Awww well, we're all very happy to have you among us Kellie (including this 100% American too :wink: )

And I am willing to bet you'd even make a great President too ;) :)

Certainly better than the last bunch we've had to deal with. LOL
3 x

Kellie

Post by Kellie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:19 am

Thanks C, (somehow thinking about beneficial Vitamin C, haha), see you all from Europe!
Unless, if you don't read in the newspaper about crash :)
Hopefully, I will be OK. See ya!
3 x

Kellie

Post by Kellie » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Again in the saddle!
I was banned, actually my new IP address , mobile internet I am using now for three days in Croatia, was banned permanently, but VIP is the biggest Croatian telecommunication company, just like Verizon in America. I suppose, it was mistake. Somehow, it finished on black list. And me, like collateral damage, too :).
I was depressed, I don't know why, and now I am happy, I don't know why, either :)))
Is not that you can't be without me...but still...after summer, I am coming back home in America.

I suppose, my absence will be very beneficial for anti Spam, because, they will find my inactive phone number.
Probably, that's why I eliminated almost 99% of spam calls, every summer being in Europe and freeze my Verizon account.
And thank you Herman for working Sundays :)!
3 x

1-C

Post by 1-C » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Since this is in the "Welcomes & Introductions" Section (and no specific welcome (new member) thread) ... yet I just thought I'd start this here and welcome a few new members :wink:

NineLives :smileup: Welcome to Aux! Good to have you aboard! :hapsmile:
1 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:39 pm

Welcome to Aux Nine! :)
1 x
Ahr'lhonaema ihirer hotaessraei hwiunaier iarr'voi ortaihkhevha na sienov!
It is cowardice to be reluctant to take up the sword for a just cause!