Summer Weather

Do you have a post that does not fit anywhere else in this forum?
If so, post it here.
DM1
Summer Weather

Post by DM1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:56 pm

Happy Summer Solstice! :sunray:

If you were a Druid, you would be celebrating the solstice at Stonehenge

2 x

1-C

Re: Summer Weather

Post by 1-C » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:38 pm

:think: It's about 62 there now I believe. More like Winter Solstice in Stonehenge right now... so, :thinker: I'd have to think about that. Nonethelees, Happy Summer Solsitice to you too DM! :hapsmile: :sunray:
3 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Happy Solstice indeed! :sunray: Its been extremely warm here lately, 1-C I think I have some of your weather going on here. It stayed 83* here all night the other night. :affraid: I have not seen weather like this for awhile. Looks as if we have a storm brewing later this week! :wideye: T&L would not surprise me any though. :shifty:
2 x
Ahr'lhonaema ihirer hotaessraei hwiunaier iarr'voi ortaihkhevha na sienov!
It is cowardice to be reluctant to take up the sword for a just cause!

1-C

Post by 1-C » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:39 pm

I hear that Tami! I think we both need a two-State sized fan to blow all this hot weather away! I could have sworn we've seen the last of the 100+ degree weather near the 3rd week of last month ... but I guess not :| :? , apparently it's back this month! :shifty:

Here we go again :fp: ... A/C cranked up, plenty of cold drinks (and water) along with cold goodies/snacks in the freezer. :sunray:

Oh do I long for the days of mid 90 degree temps now :wideye: :lol:
2 x

RustyMcNuggets

Post by RustyMcNuggets » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:44 am

We're supposed to get some hellacious storms this afternoon; downpours, high winds, hail, fire and brimstone, dogs and cats living together (MASS HYSTERIA!).. Hopefully it doesn't bring a supercell with it.

Unseasonably cool for this time of year currently. For a couple weeks it was mainly a real feel in the 100's. After this front comes through it's supposed to cool off even more. Friday a high of 75. Saturday now calling for 80 and Sunday, Fall arrives for one day and one day only with a high of 72. Had to wait 20+ years for the "Northeast Summers" I grew up with to visit out here for a little bit. Won't get much use out of the pool, but it sure will make the work we need to get done outside easier and more comfortable.
1 x

1-C

Post by 1-C » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:28 pm

Rusty, any chance you could send some of that unseasonably cool weather (and rain) out west? I believe both Tami and I could both use some :wink:

Seriously, I do hope that won't develope into a supercell. Do stay dry though!
2 x

RustyMcNuggets

Post by RustyMcNuggets » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:28 pm

I would love to send it your way, but I'm afraid it's heading straight East, my friends.

We do need the rain, just like both states/areas Tami and my brother resides. We just do not need a dumping all at once.

The soil in our yard has some areas with high clay in it and from the dry weather many of those areas have cracked open. The clay dries and condenses. One area I can look down the crack and see the old "30 year temporary water main" cap over a foot down. I need to kill the whole yard, apply lime, till it all up and level, seed and straw it in the fall.

I hope it doesn't get too bad. A steady rain is welcome, but a downpour dropping an inch to 2 inches in less than a half hour is CRAZY. The hail and high winds Mother Nature can keep or stick where the sun don't shine, but the way it's looking she's going to give us the horns.
1 x

1-C

Post by 1-C » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:13 pm

Understand, my friend! This weather one way or another is crazy all over! Too much heat and hot weather here and too much wet weather there. It all needs to settle down to some degree of normal.

Here, after finally starting to get the front lawn to go green again it's now reverting back to a golden brown :mad: :obscene: . Looking forward to see the temps drop below 100 and even to mid to low 90s would be nice!
1 x

RustyMcNuggets

Post by RustyMcNuggets » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:39 am

Never got the rain or storms they were calling for. All of it went North of us.
Walked outside this morning and it was like a mid-Spring morning. Which begs the question, "Why am I not taking the day off for an extended weekend?" Unfortunately the little green man in my head answered with a list of reasons. Think I need to evict the dude. Lol!
1 x

1-C

Post by 1-C » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:48 am

RustyMcNuggets wrote: Think I need to evict the dude. Lol!
LOL! I bet that dude would get a very quick eviction notice too!

Well, at least we know where all the rain went. So far this morning is a nice breezy 78 degrees. Very much Spring-like here too. Doubt it will stay that way though ...
2 x