Spring Weather

Do you have a post that does not fit anywhere else in this forum?
If so, post it here.
DM1
Spring Weather

Post by DM1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:57 am

Happy first day of spring!

3 x

Tamianth

Re: Spring Weather

Post by Tamianth » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Back at you DM1. Its that time of year the weather can do anything before it settles down. Got buds on the tree's, lily's are up about 4 inch's and the weather report is calling for snow at least one day this week! :shifty: :affraid: :headbang:
4 x
Ahr'lhonaema ihirer hotaessraei hwiunaier iarr'voi ortaihkhevha na sienov!
It is cowardice to be reluctant to take up the sword for a just cause!

1-C

Post by 1-C » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:29 pm

And a Happy March 20th from me as well DM! Tami's right though... got blossoms all over the place on one tree out front while the crab apple tree is a slow bloomer, flowers are popping up too. While looking skyward... :wideye: dark clouds promising more rain to come :shifty: Image Image

Tami, looks like you may need to break out those snow shovels again :affraid: :headbang: ... while I have to hold off a bit longer making my yard look nice (looks pretty wild right now :wideye:)
4 x

RustyMcNuggets

Post by RustyMcNuggets » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:28 pm

It WAS gorgeous here in my neck of the woods BEFORE Spring landed. The day of was nice as well, but now it's back to low 40's and blowing a cold wind.
Mother Nature is a sick, sick woman. The rest of the week the temps will gradually climb back into the high 60's and might even top out in the low 70's. However, they are calling for rain from tomorrow through Monday and that stinks. Still have some scrap-end remodeling to finish up and it sure would be nice to finish up the staining outside rather than stink up the basement/New England Patriots-Ferrari F1 man-cave shrine. Lol!
#NotMYMotherNature
3 x

DM1

Post by DM1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:54 am

High of 76 today! :hapsmile: :sunray:
2 x

1-C

Post by 1-C » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:58 am

:wideye: It's gonna be warmer out where you are then it will be out here? :eek:

It's going to be no more than a high of 54 out in my neck of the woods (and lots of gray clouds too) :thinker:
2 x

RustyMcNuggets

Post by RustyMcNuggets » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:05 am

High of 73 here. Rain has been pushed off until later tonight, but in the forecast clear up until next Wednesday. At least the farmers will be happy.
2 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:55 pm

Its warmed up here and almost all the snow is gone from the yard already. Its still pretty nippy out with the winds coming over the snow capped ridges.Well, at least some of the tree's are budding out and the lily's are coming up! Its been raining off and on. One day it rains, the next is sunny. Hoping to catch a sunny day to get the newer motor in the civic. We got lucky and got a motor the same year as mine and only 90,000 miles. Guy had just had it serviced no less and got t-boned.

This little civic has gone through a lot and Jocks been leary of the motor and yup.. it started doing weird things like not starting and such. We put a whole new starter on it and still acting weird. He went through everything and no loose wires or anything. Battery is new as well. So we got lucky and Mir had the junk yard on the phone looking for parts for her car. Windows wonkey and needs a new track. So he got on the phone to see what they had and they had just got the car in and had not even pulled the motor out. So Jock went right down and they did the check with him there, turned it on and such. They pulled it out the next day and Jock took the truck down the next day and got it. Now its going to take a sunny day to get my car fixed. :sunray: Come on Sunshine! I'm ready and the little hummers arre up here already. Got to get my feeders out :lol:
4 x
Ahr'lhonaema ihirer hotaessraei hwiunaier iarr'voi ortaihkhevha na sienov!
It is cowardice to be reluctant to take up the sword for a just cause!

1-C

Post by 1-C » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:31 pm

Sharing that warm weather down here too, Tami :sunray:

Feels good after all that rain :shifty: we've had down here.

LOL, that poor civic. At least it got a work over and is hopefully running better ... :wideye: or is it.

Not a lot going on down here in the valley but 10 days ago got a bit of serendipity ... after almost a year my GF not only listed more of her handcrafts but also posted about it on her FB Personal blog. Thing is, she's usually done at least two or three a month and only taken no more than a month off here and there; so this long just wasn't like her :(. And yes, got worried about her here! So, this little bit over a week ago was quite uplifting. :sunray: :-D
3 x

RustyMcNuggets

Post by RustyMcNuggets » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:55 am

Really getting tired of the rain, rain, rain, and even more rain. Expecting over 3 inches of rain over the next 4 days. Two days of constant drizzle (Tuesday and Wednesday) bookended by the likelihood of strong thunderstorms (Today and Thursday). Oh, but the temps will be in the high 50's/lower 60's though, so we got that going for us. -SIGH-

It looks like the weekend won't be a yard work weekend. The flippin' ground will be to darn saturated.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.
2 x