Fifteen Years Later

Do you have a post that does not fit anywhere else in this forum?
If so, post it here.
MzFish
Fifteen Years Later

Post by MzFish » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:38 am

It is hard to believe it has been 15 years since our great nation was attacked.

It's an emotional time for our country due to political climate and global unrest. Today is a day to unite as a human race and as Anericans..
<I'm emotional typing this>.

I was in California that fateful morning and my husband was suppose to be on a job at the mall underneath the towers. Due to on going car problems he decided to stay home to deal with the mechanic. I'm grateful.

Tonight I will watch out of a bedroom window the 2 blue beams that will light up the night sky in rememberence for all of those who lost their lives.
6 x
Trust takes years to build, seconds to break and forever to repair

1-C

Re: Fifteen Years Later

Post by 1-C » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:28 am

Mz,
Same here. Woke up a short while ago and the memorial services (names of all those lives lost being read) was on. And couldn't agree more ... all of us - whether here in the U.S. or abroad - are the targets of these barbarian's hatred, all of us need to unite together in order to stand against them...

And I too can recall where I was that day, woke up to hearing the TV on (was never on that early in the morning). I went out and saw my Mom watching, she had told me that my sister had called and told her that a plane had flown into the Pentagon*. I looked at the TV screen and they showed the first plane hitting Tower 1 of the World Trade Center. Right then I knew exactly what it was ... an act of war! Since it took place on our own soil; I also knew who was responsible - Bin Laden and Al Qaeda! I also knew what had to be done in response!

(* My BIL was working out of the Pentagon at that time. Fortunately for him, when the assault happened, he was en route either to or from the Pentegon. Sadly, he lost a good number of friends. But my sister, her family and both his and the rest of mine are thankful he was alright. It's still terribly hard for all of us though that such a horrible and despicable thing happened that took so many innocent lives ...)

15 years ago today beginning at 8:46 A.M. EST!

We can also only hope and pray that this type of horrific act will not be repeated. Had those who hijacked United Flight 93 been successful who knows what would have happened, I shudder to think what would have. There we can thank God for the brave heroes and heroines (and they truly were such) consisting of crew and passengers aboard that flight. Especially knowing that they would not survive and then, before thwarting the hijackers and their attempt, having to say their final goodbyes to all their loved ones! How incredibly hard that must have been!

I also left a special post on my FB Page about this day including two other awful, tragic and highly emotional days we should never, ever forget!
5 x

MzFish

Re: Fifteen Years Later

Post by MzFish » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:44 pm

Troll bump :obscene:
2 x
Trust takes years to build, seconds to break and forever to repair