Paranoia & Panic

Do you have a post that does not fit anywhere else in this forum?
If so, post it here.
Herman
Site Admin
Paranoia & Panic

Post by Herman » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:25 pm

Hello! Its me, the long lost admin, Herman.

I've been around, taking it easy, living life. However, in the tranquility of that blissful day-to-day routine it seems some disharmony and strife has crept its way into our little corner of the web we call aux! With that shocking revelation, I'm going to address a few issues that seem to be causing the discord, explain a few things and hopefully, you'll come away with a slightly more erudite perspective other than the single opinion currently being bandied about in other realms. I'm choosing to comment here because this is where individuals or more specifically a certain individual who has little to do with this forum feels he should be dictating aux's policy while at the same time, attempting to manifest a self-interest for reasons known only to himself.

Lets take a step back though. The much more important point of contention which is causing alarm to many of you is the continued membership of a certain registered individual who has committed no tos violations and although her comments arguably may cause dissension from time-to-time, has every right to do so within the guidelines of this site's rules. There have been calls from legitimate participants here for her removal. I've received pm's and comments via email, read over posts on the private side and even fielded texts from a few of you. Some have been very vocal in their objections or remarks while others take on a more even-keeled approach to the situation which appears to be manufactured and growing in mystique.

Who on aux would care to removed or reprimanded for comments made that could be construed as a violation even if completely innocent? Some may say many of the comments made are NOT innocent and are even inflammatory. Or this person misrepresents herself by having a previous screen name and a checkered past with this site from an earlier time. Maybe this is all true or perhaps not at all but who are we to judge her motivation for wanting to assume a new name or identity? When you get down to it, we have no idea what her true story is nor do we have any right to judge her for the choices she's made? Its getting to the point of becoming a mini-witch hunt fueled by someone with a personal vendetta and in so pursuing this attack is attempting to drag some of you along with him on a slow descent into madness, paranoia and outright hatred. When you look at the evidence presented on this forum, there is no true justification for her to be removed, downgraded or suspended.

With a single exception of the perpetrator, are there really others here that have this much venom for an individual who, in the scheme of things is really rather benign next to many of the recent comments posted here, elsewhere or on the web in general? I for one will not be party to this impudence and will hold to the foundation of this site's doctrine - to be open to comments and opinions of all members within reason as set forth by the terms of service and to not discriminate based solely on the basis of an opposing opinion. The rules here are clear but not bound by dogmatism. Aux will keep to the tenet of its creation in being a sounding board, an "auxiliary" for broader ideas and conversations not accepted elsewhere.

I do hope many of you reading this will understand that giving in to the demands of one or even a few with no substantial justification for punitive action invalidates the very core of why this site is here. Please feel free to comment either pro or con but keep in mind, at no time will I ever be bullied or compelled by any individual into deciding what the best course of action for this site should be. I'll always be open minded and listen to valid, rational comments presented in reasonable manner and through respectful discourse. Have something to say? Say it here for all to see. I may not always be active here, real life sometimes gets in the way but I have confidence in my fellow administrator and moderators to maintain this forum as they see fit and to the best of their abilities. In many ways they are more attuned to whats going on here than I. Have a problem? Contact them and let them know what the trouble is. If its not resolved to your satisfaction you may continue to voice your opposition or further your argument to the decision but voice that opinion in the medium where it is appropriate to do so and not elsewhere.
9 x

DM1

Re: Paranoia & Panic

Post by DM1 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:52 am

Thank you Herman. If anybody has any questions or concerns, please feel free to pm me. I am here on Aux on most evenings.
6 x

yef

Re: Paranoia & Panic

Post by yef » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:53 pm

Herman was very circumspect in his comments above, not naming any specific names. I, however, am just going to call a spade a spade, or in this case, call a troll a troll. I have watched much of this play out and will stay silent no longer. BigA was temporarily suspended from aux (and chose to resign) about a year ago for, in part, violating the “what happens at aux stays at aux” rule. He somehow thinks, despite his absence from this site for almost a year, that he has a say in how things are run here. Let me make this clear: He does NOT. He has tried to incite dissension among aux members because of a vendetta he has against one of our current members.

If any current aux members have issues with, or accusations against any other aux member, PM the admins/mods with your concerns, and provide proof of your assertions. Do not allow BigA’s trolling to sway your opinions and actions.

I’m not sure if BigA thinks any of the admins/mods here care about or value his opinion on how we should be running this site. I for one, do not. I find it laughable that he would think so.

BigA is a total hypocrite with his comments about the aux member that he doesn’t like, complaining about her using different aliases, both here and on 800notes. BigA has several registered accounts at 800notes, including several that in the past he has used specifically to troll others. Now, I have no problem in general with people having more than one account at 800notes. But when he criticizes others for it, that is hypocritical. He also tried to troll here at aux, registering an account as “The Jabberwock”, then lied about knowing who that was: http://800notes.com/forum/ta-e9122795d8 ... 4954093624.

BigA’s issues and vendettas are his problem. He is trying to make them aux’s problem also. We will not let him.
7 x