Scam on the Horizon - Jump from email to Phone?

This might be a little duplicative of another subforum here ... but it can be used as a place to post "sightings" of a scam ... without posting a defense or solution.
(If too redundant, the topic can be deleted)
B-Edwards
Scam on the Horizon - Jump from email to Phone?

Post by B-Edwards » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Heads Up for a Possible Scam - I did not want to post this on 800notes without getting feedback. The two company names linked to the e-mail scam are both bad guys. I think there is some possibility that this scam or one similar, could jump to the phones. Send my your thoughts and maybe this could be posted as a "Heads Up." /// Thanks! Bruce -- See what follows:

I got an email that was suspicious and I was thinking a phone scam would be a natural for this subject. A credit score scam would be a natural for glomming someone’s address, ss#, verify phone numbers, all kinds of questions could be posed. As you all know, anyone can order their own full credit report 1x a year, at NO charge. So what is old FreeScore360AdventureTechnic doing? Up to NO Good, that’s what I think.

Here is how the e-mail goes:

Subject: Your TransUnion score
Your Trans Union, Equifax, and Experian credit scores may have changed.
View now at no cost to you, and also receive score monitoring at all three major bureaus.
Click Here: ( AdventureTechnic.com )
FreeScore360
6119 Greenville Ave #354
Dallas, TX 75206
Or Visit Here: ( AdventureTechnic.com )

I did a web search on AdventureTechnic and does not sound encouraging. I know what I found can probably be improved upon, this is not precisely my expertise.

adventuretechnic.com is hosted on the IP address 209.99.152.10 which tells us that its servers are located in United States. The website domain was created on 28 July 2015 (26 days ago) and will expire on 28 July 2016 (after 11 months) .
The domain is owned by Terry R. Sewell who can be contacted at . The site doesn't use any privacy protection service on its whois details. The website was registered on tld registrar solutions ltd. adventuretechnic.com uses services of adventuretechnic.com (Email Host), US Net Incorporated (Web Host)and adventuretechnic.com (DNS Host),.
The site returned a status code of 200, which tells us that the site is online.
Views: No visits so far!
First analysis: 03 August 2015
Last update: 03 August 2015
2. The website will expire on 28 July 2016
3. The site has 1 IP addresses (e.g. 209.99.152.10)
4. adventuretechnic.com does't use any SSL certificate.
5. In out last check, the website was found to be online!

A Better Business report reads in part:

Better Business Bureau Serving Acadiana is alerting consumers to Credit Score OK, which does business online as freescore360.com. The Federal Trade Commission has stopped an online scheme that allegedly lured consumers with “free” access to their credit scores then billed them a recurring fee of $29.95 per month for a credit monitoring program they never ordered.

One Review I caught said: About FreeScore360.com
FreeScore360.com is a website which offers users the ability to get their 3 free credit scores, along with their 3-in-1 credit report, for just $1.00.
Just by providing your name, address, and a credit card number you will get instant access to your Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax reports.
Your $1.00 payment will also get you a 7 day free trial of ScoreSense, a credit tracking agency which will monitor your credit report for signs of identity theft or abnormal activity. If you do not cancel your ScoreSense membership before the end of the 7 day trial, you will automatically be enrolled in their monthly services and be charged $29.95 every 30 days to continue your membership.

In conclusion: I looked up freescore360.com and that company is not exactly as pure is the driven snow. They have ways to charge your for getting what should be free, or maybe at a lower cost by going to the Big 3 all by yourself.
My experience tells me these “Try for a Week and Cancel Deals and usually total junk. Most of the time, people just can’t get through, or get disconnected.
3 x