Rite Aid & Etc?

This might be a little duplicative of another subforum here ... but it can be used as a place to post "sightings" of a scam ... without posting a defense or solution.
(If too redundant, the topic can be deleted)
MidNYteStorm
Rite Aid & Etc?

Post by MidNYteStorm » Thu May 07, 2015 2:18 pm

I have made it known that I questioned if AARP has some connection to the calls my mother has been receiving. This has been based on their own policy. However, I am starting to question if the source is actually Rite Aid to whom we are both customers. She has been receiving these calls for several years. But I only started to receive telemaggoter calls on my cell number within the last few months and was about a year or so after I registered my number in order to receive notifications. In fact I have posted comments to 800notes about the few calls I have received. I read a bit of their privacy policy and noticed following.
We never sell or rent your personal information to any third parties. We share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf (& goes on from there).

I cannot help but to wonder what these third parties do with this information. I can see it going from one party to another until it gets into the wrong hands and then the calls start.
4 x

Tamianth

Re: Rite Aid & Etc?

Post by Tamianth » Thu May 07, 2015 5:56 pm

I have now started getting the AARP junk mail! :wideye: My question on this where they give to third parties, what is stopping them from turning around and selling to other parties? :? It could be sold after going to one of their third party affiliates.
2 x
Ahr'lhonaema ihirer hotaessraei hwiunaier iarr'voi ortaihkhevha na sienov!
It is cowardice to be reluctant to take up the sword for a just cause!

1-C

Post by 1-C » Thu May 07, 2015 7:21 pm

Oh nooooo! Tami, you too? :wideye: I get them a lot in the mail now also... but nope, no phone calls either. Just the junk mail.
3 x

MidNYteStorm

Post by MidNYteStorm » Tue May 12, 2015 4:18 pm

This segment aired last night on our local CBS station. I was not at all surprised, but many others were.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/05/11/ ... formation/
3 x