"ID Crimewatch"

This might be a little duplicative of another subforum here ... but it can be used as a place to post "sightings" of a scam ... without posting a defense or solution.
(If too redundant, the topic can be deleted)
Tamianth
Re: "ID Crimewatch"

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:34 pm

by Sir Bedevere on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:09 am

Yep. The state of Utah business records web site says KMR Medical was dissolved and no longer exists as of 10/18/2013.
State of Utah business records web site also reveals a new listing for "Western Medical Group" – the apparent shell company which includes ID Crimewatch, Senior Crime Watch, Protect Senior ID, etc. – was registered on the same day. What a coincidence!
0 x
Ahr'lhonaema ihirer hotaessraei hwiunaier iarr'voi ortaihkhevha na sienov!
It is cowardice to be reluctant to take up the sword for a just cause!

Tamianth

by Tamianth on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:37 am
Agreed! And WTH.. I'd be willing to bet they are using the site also to get peoples info and use to telemarket people with the other stuff. Wouldn't that be a HIPPA violation? :shifty:
0 x

Tamianth

by Sir Bedevere on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:05 am
I don't think these people are stupid enough to share information that would constitute HIPAA violations. You'll notice that their medical equipment sites are kept quite separate from their "identity protection" sites – no common phone numbers, links or even logos. I expect they're quite aware of the fact that, while the FTC is woefully understaffed for enforcing DNC regulations, anything that constitutes a HIPAA violation will bring a big hammer down on them very hard and very fast.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:35 pm

by Sir Bedevere on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:32 am
Have a look at this at 800notes:
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-434-878-4118/3

"Senior Care Hotline" sells medical braces for back and knee problems and they are doing illegal telemarketing. The Utah ID Crimewatch gang also maintains web sites (seniorfirstmedical.com and actionmedicalgroup.com) that sell back and knee braces. Coincidence? Yes, possibly. Buy maybe not. Call recipients report "foreign accents", but that's not untypical with scammers.

A "Senior Care Hotline" representative named "Mitch Parker" just posted in that thread to defend the business (sound familiar?) but didn't do anything a legitimate business would, like give the name, address and web site of the business. I just posted anonymously as "More information please" and asked for these details. If you reply to "Mitch", try to be polite and innocuous. (Since he claims they're a non-profit organization, ask for his 501(c) information.) Let's see if we can lull him into revealing anything.

Addenda:
There's this on whycall.me: http://www.whycall.me/703-584-5602.html with the same "Mitch Parker" responding with the same cut-and-paste statement that doesn't say anything.
Plus this explicit warning that they are a scam: http://www.lincolntown.org/CivicAlerts. ... 72&ARC=116
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:35 pm

by Sir Bedevere on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:04 pm
Quick follow-up: My gut feeling is that these are *not* the same people as the "ID Crimewatch" gang (though that's almost beside the point because they're both obviously scams). But it's still only a gut feeling and I'd like to know either way for certain.

It's notable that *all* these outfits seem to have learned to avoid giving out their web sites, both on the phone and in their shill posts to 800notes, unless absolutely necessary. This makes it harder to put two and two together and pin down the fronts to the operations behind them.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:36 pm

by Sir Bedevere on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:03 pm
Just checked the IRS web site and there is *no* business called "Senior Care Hotline" registered as a non-profit organization. So "Mitch Parker" is either lying about being a non-profit or lying about the name of the business. Or both ;-)
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:37 pm

by CelticDragon on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:01 pm
New link up-here's the post:

Pete
3 h 36 min ago
Ok new website is http://secureidservice.com/
Total scammers. I called them & told them I was interested in their services. They wanted me to give them my number and they would call me back. I said, NO, I want to speak to someone or I wouldn't be interested. I finally got through to someone and wasted about an hour of their time asking stupid questions and then said you guys are full of cow manure and hung up.

by CelticDragon on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:31 pm
And Dave's back: http://800notes.com/forum/ta-98e51297ce ... 4423799521
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:38 pm

by Tamianth on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:47 pm
Twice even. Wanting to contact Sir B.. "wants to talk to him" privately.. Oh my! :shifty:

Bet he's ticked all the info people have turned up. Maybe he's tired of putting up and taking down web sites hummmm? :lol:
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:39 pm

by 1-C on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:03 am
OMG :lol: He can't really be serious! Does he actually think Sir B will contact him? Good grief!!!

He must have lost his brains somewhere ... a long time ago!

Ya gotta love his two posts after "Pete's" though, What a hoot ... "I am Dave" Image
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:39 pm

by Sir Bedevere on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:39 am
Oh yeah. An unregistered somebody posts on 800notes and thinks I'm going to arrange private contact. Right.

Whether or not he's the same "Dave" who posted before (and my instinct says he isn't) that's a non-starter.

Just ignore the twit. I'm not going to respond and my feeling is it would be best if no one else did either.
0 x