"ID Crimewatch"

This might be a little duplicative of another subforum here ... but it can be used as a place to post "sightings" of a scam ... without posting a defense or solution.
(If too redundant, the topic can be deleted)
Tamianth
"ID Crimewatch"

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:02 pm

New thread on 800notes: "ID Crimewatch"

Post by Sir Bedevere on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:00 pm
http://800notes.com/forum/ta-98e51297ce ... crimewatch

Seems like the original scam (Identity Theft Protection) may be just the tip of the iceberg. Or perhaps not if this outfit is smaller than they pretend to be. Still, a bit of digging has already turned up some interesting tidbits.
0 x
Ahr'lhonaema ihirer hotaessraei hwiunaier iarr'voi ortaihkhevha na sienov!
It is cowardice to be reluctant to take up the sword for a just cause!

Tamianth

Re: "ID Crimewatch"

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:02 pm

by Elspeth on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:58 pm
Thanks for posting that info, Sir B!
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:03 pm

by Sir Bedevere on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:15 am
Update: The perps may have been flushed out. Someone has posted claiming to be a person who works for "ID Crimewatch" making the calls. Since several reports have mentioned that the callers sounded Indian I suspect the actual calling is farmed out overseas. If so, this person's claims to be just a call center operator may be a ruse and we may be dealing with one of the principals of the operation. Even if this is not the case I can't imagine why a mere call center drone would be searching the web looking for discussions (warnings) about this operation, can you?

I don't think it would be wise to call this person out and reveal that we know/suspect that he's the business owner. He'll likely reveal more if he thinks he's fooling us.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:04 pm

by Tamianth on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:41 pm
I agree! And I would think his posts could be used against him even by the FTC.. He's really stupid on that aspect!
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:04 pm

by Sir Bedevere on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:42 pm
I'm now pretty certain "Dave" is one of the (two) owners of "ID Crimewatch" and the other businesses involved.

I can't imagine any employee going to the effort of searching out a thread like this (and due to the generic name of the business, one has to make a deliberate effort) and so vociferously defending his obvious-scumbag employer. Especially a peon-level call center operator who makes minimum wage at best or, more likely, straight commission. Never mind the fact that many call reports have mentioned Indian/Pakistani accents, which probably means the call center is overseas. (It had never occurred to me before, but I'd wager it's now possible to hire a "call center" in India by the hour – like a skanky motel room.)

They seem to have multiple businesses registered in the state of Utah. Anyone know if it's possible to get at official records that would show the business owners' names?
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:05 pm

by Tamianth on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:46 pm
I would think it would be public record.. If they are registered with the state or have business license of any kind. Wouldn't the city itself also have a license requirement? Of course, there's the possibility that they could be operating totally without any kind of license also.
0 x

Tamianth

by Sir Bedevere on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:50 pm
Look at http://companies.findthecompany.com/l/2 ... an-Fork-UT and http://www.bizapedia.com/addresses/831- ... 84045.html

I doubt they're operating under the radar in Utah. They seem to be registered, if I understand the information at those links correctly.
0 x

Tamianth

by Tamianth on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:59 pm
The one link makes it look like they have many little business's, the Rudd firm, but when clicked on, more pops up and two names come up..
Jonathan Rudd and Tyler Hawkes along with the Rudd firm P.c. - all listed in the same suit/addy's.

There are 14 companies that have an address matching 357 W 200 S Ste 200 Salt Lake City, UT 84101. The companies are Winter Wonderlights LLC, Elite Consulting Services LLC, Namara Group LLC, Kpm Capital LLC, Axium Marketing LLC, Kmr Medical LLC, Green Acres Capital LLC, Vesna Capital LLC, Utah Restoration And Cleaning Alliance LLC, Medical Pendant Billing LLC, Profit Growth Now LLC, Professional Sales Team LLC, Bountiful Rm LLC, and Rynell Capital Partners LLC.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:06 pm

by Sir Bedevere on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:03 pm
The BBB lists Western Medical Supply, Western Medical Group, KPM Capital, LLC as alternate business names for KMR Medical.

The state of Utah business records web site says KMR Medical was dissolved and no longer exists as of 10/18/2013. "Western Medical Group" became active on 10/18/2013. Probably not a coincidence ;-)

Here's what I have on KPM Capital: http://companies.findthecompany.com/l/2 ... an-Fork-UT
Same address, right down to the suite number. Two employees, $91,000 (claimed) annual sales. But I can't find a date on this information, so it might be a prior tenant of the same address. KPM Capital became active on 08/14/2013 – according to Utah records they're doing business as "NU VISION".

See also
http://www.bizapedia.com/addresses/831- ... 84045.html

I'm searching here for more: https://secure.utah.gov/bes/action
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:07 pm

by Sir Bedevere on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:05 pm
The Rudd Firm shows up as "registered agent". Sounds like a law firm that represents businesses for purposes of registration, rather than anyone involved in the scammers. At least that's my take on it.

Last edited by Sir Bedevere on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

by Sir Bedevere on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:07 pm
Oh by the way: It just occurred to me that it's funny how determined "Dave" is to defend his employers... while being very careful not to actually *name* these fine, upstanding individuals. :hapsmile:
0 x