Is my printer possessed?

Several folks associated with 800Aux have decent experience with computers and their problems. Try leaving your questions or answers here, and help each other out.
Tamianth
Re: Is my printer possessed?

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:13 am

by BigA on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:48 pm
No refill store here, and Staples stopped carrying them. Office max had them but none around here and now Staples bought them out.
0 x
Ahr'lhonaema ihirer hotaessraei hwiunaier iarr'voi ortaihkhevha na sienov!
It is cowardice to be reluctant to take up the sword for a just cause!

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:13 am

by 1-C on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:51 pm
Yep, kind of depends on the Printers model. Some tend to have up to 5. Same with the cost per cartridge (re: price range).

*gives a sigh of relief* At least it's not acting up.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:14 am

by Tamianth on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:52 pm
Mine takes five. Two black (one is a double) and 3 color. They last a long time too, but I don't use it constantly either. We have two company's in Salem that do that. I think you can go online and get them also.

Ah.. here it is. Cartridgeworld.com!
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:14 am

by 1-C on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:53 pm
No office Depot either? I know CVS Pharmacy carries printer cartridges but may need to check and see if they carry those for your specific printer. There should be one not too far from you ...
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:15 am

by 1-C on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:56 pm
Tamianth wrote:
Mine takes five. Two black (one is a double) and 3 color. They last a long time too, but I don't use it constantly either. We have two company's in Salem that do that. I think you can go online and get them also.

Ah.. here it is. Cartridgeworld.com!

Mine, 1 black, one tri-color (blue, yellow, red). Same with mine ... unless I do non-stop printing all day long every day.... of course I don't though :wink:

And awwww ... Tami to the rescue again :-D

LOL, when I have to I've always used the office depot site for mine (may check out the pricing at cartridgeworld.com sometime now :wink: )
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:15 am

by Tamianth on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:01 pm
I've been going to their small store for a couple of years now. They have one on Lancaster. The other guy moved to Keiser someplace and we never did find out where, he was cheaper even!

Well, I hope it helps cost wise! :-D
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:16 am

by Herman on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:21 pm
Ok, a bit late on this topic. Kodak printers, lets put it gently. CHEAP & OLD! :evilyes: With that said, lets work with what you have.

You say its connected via ethernet. Please share or pm you local IP address of the printer. If you have any standard router, your internal address will be something like 192.168.1.X or 192.168.0.X There is an outside chance it will be 10.1.10.X These are all internal IP addresses that we all have. It means nothing to the specific identification of your router or anything else for that matter.

Tell me

Local IP
Subnet
DHCP
DNS1
DNS2

You should be able to find this by printing a settings test page from within the printers menu options.

From there, run a print nozzle cleaning test (also from the menu) and do a realignment as well.

Lets see what the numbers say and we'll get it to stop being possessed and back to what its supposed to be doing.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:17 am

by BigA on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:43 am
I can do that later today. I would like to note that since I unplugged the Ethernet from the router the printer seems be be as quiet as a mouse.

by BigA on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:28 am
Herman, this is all I could coax out of this piece of junk. kodak doesn't make it easy to get these settings.

0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:18 am

by Herman on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:54 pm
You are pulling a dynamic address from the router but according to your info, your router isn't assigning a fixed address to the printer. This is all fine until it doesn't work anymore.

192.168.1.2 is the current address of your printer. If its dynamic, its subject to change.

I can assume 192.168.1.1 is the router

I would go to the Netgear router (by typing in the above address in a browser) and change the address assignment from dynamic to static. Once complete, I would enable the router as the dhcp server (which it may already be). Either way, I'd reserve 192.168.1.2 as the address for the printer and nothing else.

As a matter of fact, you should change it from 192.168.1.2 completely. Thats a very low number since the pool of dhcp addresses for your router starts there. This means when the printer is NOT busy being 192.168.1.2, something else like a tablet or smartphone may jump in there and take that address. The address is not reserved exclusively for our friend the printer and it makes it very annoyed, hence the gyrations while connected to a hardwire network.

Move the printer to some unforsaken address like 192.168.1.150 I doubt you have 253 other devices connecting and you can be assured a nice, quiet backwater location for the printer.

Change the printer from dynamic to static as well and point the gateway (which it will prompt for) to the router address of 192.168.1.1 Your subnet if it asks for it will be 255.255.255.0

If you want to add the dns to the printer settings, go for it. You can use a public google dns of 8.8.8.8 and and a solid verizon dns of 71.252.0.12 You could also point dns1 to the router and let the printer pull a dns from there if you don't want to use a public address like google.

See the router's firmware is 4+ years old, check for an update.

Should make it all much happier! :tiphat:
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:19 am

by BigA on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:33 pm
Ok I will try that once i figure out what you said. I will let you know what happens. Note that the printer has been quiet all day now since i have plugged it back in. Thanks for the help.
0 x