Is my printer possessed?

Several folks associated with 800Aux have decent experience with computers and their problems. Try leaving your questions or answers here, and help each other out.
Tamianth
Is my printer possessed?

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:08 am

Is my printer possessed?

Post by BigA on Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:54 pm
Ok, I have a Kodak all in one printer hooked up to my wifi router with an ethernet cable. I also have a brother printer hooked up the same way. Lately the Kodak has started cycling as if it were going to print and just simply stops. This is troubling in too ways, first why is it doing this, and also each time it cycles it uses ink which is being wasted on nothing. Any ideas? i would call Kodak, but their tech support Indians are worthless. they have about as much expertise as the microsoft scammers.
0 x
Ahr'lhonaema ihirer hotaessraei hwiunaier iarr'voi ortaihkhevha na sienov!
It is cowardice to be reluctant to take up the sword for a just cause!

Tamianth

Re: Is my printer possessed?

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:09 am

by Tamianth on Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:17 pm
Ugh.. I have a canon all in one myself so don't know if a kodak is set up similar. However, you might go into maintenance and run it through its head cleaning and adjustments.

I also clean my tracks with cotton face pads and plain alcohol! Maybe a Q-tip in the harder to reach places/areas.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:09 am

by BigA on Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:23 pm
But that wouldn't explain why it comes on all of a sudden and then starts going like it wants to print. I wonder if it is getting signals from one of the neighbor's units. It seems funny nothing ever prints out though. At least if a page printed out I might be able to figure out what is going on.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:10 am

by Tamianth on Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:31 pm
It may be picking up something, I agree! Yes, it does sound possessed. Break out the VooDoo witch Dr's for exorcism! :affraid:

Have you disconnected it and reconnected? I do know wires can go bad, not just brain box's. :thinker:
0 x

Tamianth

by BigA on Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:48 pm
Maybe I'll try that, disconnect it for a little bit and see what happens. Wire is brand new out of the bag. Been on for about 2 months now. i tried to hook the printer up wirelessly but it wouldn't log on to the router. Kodak, krapola. Good thing they don't make them anymore. Biggest piece of junk I ever owned next to the Epson printers that used to fail 2 days after the warranty ran out. I'll never buy another Epson again. I'm happy with my Brother laser printer, prints in black only and I get a ton of sheets out of it for $40 (around 1200 to 1300). the Kodak uses about $175.00 to do a 500 sheet ream. Was thinking of getting a Brother laser color all in one but i don't have the $400 bucks to get it.
0 x

Tamianth

by Tamianth on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:15 pm
I've got a Canon Pixma 500 MP, bought it direct from canon though they gave me a discount for upgrading from the old one that went south. Its probably 7 years old now or so. Still running like a champ. I do my inks at the refill place too. So not as bad, the black will run out faster since its most used. It takes two, one is a double size cartridge while the other is a single. The colors last well though.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:11 am

by BigA on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:27 pm
The new cannons make you buy each color separately and they cost around $65.00 for all of them i think. This one uses the 2 cartridges, but the XL cartridge doesn't really print that many more sheets for the money. it is also set up that it uses color ink even though you are printing all black. i get around 75 sheets out of a black cartridge if I am lucky.

I( disconnected the wire and the printer went to sleep. Guess i'll leave it off and see what happens. i use the brother mostly anyhow.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:11 am

by 1-C on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:34 pm
Yikes.... and, outside of black there's at least three primary colors (tri-color) ... at adds up to one expensive cartridge replacement.

I use a HP All-in-one that uses the tri-color that's no more than $35 or $40 to replace, although I use up the black cartidge a lot faster than the color one.

The only printer I ever had that I'd consider possessed was a Brother Printer ... didn't have that one long though ...

BigA, I hope that disconnecting it does solve the problem you're having... or at least gets you closer to finding out what the heck it could be.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:12 am

by Tamianth on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:47 pm
Thats why I go to the refill store and get refills. Cheaper that way and I also get trade in on the cartridges.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:12 am

by BigA on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:48 pm
I think the new cannons have more colors than just three. Looks like some hav 3, some 4 and some 5 and they range from $29 to $70 a set.
So far the printer has been quiet tonight since i pulled the cable.
0 x