WiFi Setup

Several folks associated with 800Aux have decent experience with computers and their problems. Try leaving your questions or answers here, and help each other out.
Tamianth
Re: WiFi Setup

Post by Tamianth » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:11 pm

by Tamianth on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:33 pm
lol! Big A.. Mine get along just fine! But I know the feeling, its hard to walk by!
0 x
Ahr'lhonaema ihirer hotaessraei hwiunaier iarr'voi ortaihkhevha na sienov!
It is cowardice to be reluctant to take up the sword for a just cause!

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:12 pm

by 1-C on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:39 pm
:lol: Sounds like a plan is coming together, BigA!
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:12 pm

by Herman on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:56 pm
Amped Wireless brand. THE best I've ever seen.

Default is 192.167.3.1 - Change this to your default octet of x.x.1.x
where x = your existing subnet.

AES encryption is the only one to ever use. Never the older tkp or espcially wep

Never mixed. Drop the "b" rated search and stick with "g" and "n" only.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:13 pm

by BigA on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:24 pm
Ok, well I tried to fix the old one, and I succeeded!. Yes it is now fixed permanently. The piece over there is fixed, the piece on the other side of the room is fixed, as a matter of fact all the pieces are now fixed. :lol:
So I went out to Staples figuring I was going to make out ok. Their website had the Netgear one listed for $79.99 and Amazon had it for $74.99. So I figured Staples would price match and then give me an extra 10% off. Plus I knew I had $16.90 in Rewards Points to use by the end of the month. Well the best laid plans of mice and men. I get to the store and the store price is....$74.99, yep same as Amazon, so no extra 10% off. But it gets better. I get to the register and tell the guy I have $16.90 in Rewards points to use as I hand him my Rewards Card. He says that I should have printed them out since it doesn't come up automatically. So now I come home and I'm upset because I was counting on all these discounts. So I try to log on to their site with Firefox and it keeps coming back about cookies. Probably some third party I have blocked, but since I have no idea who they are I can't unblock them.

So I get this bright idea, I go on with IE since that accepts everything that comes down the pike and get my rewards points and mark them to use online. I buy a black and a color cartridge for my Kodak Inkjet piece of you know what for $32 something. Now I could have bought the set $2 cheaper but if I spend over $30.00 on Ink I can take 10 empties in and get $2.00 per empty. Now this gives me another advantage as they will now ship to my house for free. So I conclude the deal, they take the $16.90 off the bill, giving me full credit for the shipping.

Hey they can get over on me once but not twice in one day.

Sorry Herman, thanks for the advice but I had already gone out and bought this and it seems to be working fine so far. If I would have know sooner, Best Buy had some in my price range and the are right next door to the Staples Store I went too.

I got it all hooked up, my Kindle is working great now, and I got my laptop all updated after a couple hours of downloading virus update, malwarebytes updates and the infamous update of an update of an update from Microsoft to fix all the bugs they have all the time. I even came up with a free program to convert the E books on my computer over so that I can read them on my Kindle. And I transferred a movie also just to see what it would look like.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:13 pm

by CelticDragon on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:36 pm
Glad it's working for you!
0 x