How do I watch network TV on my computer?

Several folks associated with 800Aux have decent experience with computers and their problems. Try leaving your questions or answers here, and help each other out.
Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:33 pm

Post by not Michael on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:39 am

Another question for my computer geek friends -

I know its possible to watch tv on my computer. There's a good chance that tonight's national news programs will be pre-empted in my area by weather coverage. Do you know a way that I can watch the ABC, NBC, or CBS evening news tonight on my computer?

Thanks.
0 x
Ahr'lhonaema ihirer hotaessraei hwiunaier iarr'voi ortaihkhevha na sienov!
It is cowardice to be reluctant to take up the sword for a just cause!

Tamianth

Re: How do I watch network TV on my computer?

Post by Tamianth » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:33 pm

by CelticDragon on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:41 am
I'll ask nM, but it might be later until I get a reply
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 pm

by MJG on Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:12 am
Check the website of ABC, NBC, etc. Some offer live views of programs. I just checked ABC and they are doing the soccer game. Some local stations also do webcasts. I get a few on my tablet.

ABC news with David Muir should be on line.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 pm

by not Michael on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:25 pm
Thanks. I'll check the ABC site.

The local stations have the news on line. But the way the weather looks now all 3 will probably be all weather starting between 4 and 5pm.

The 1st game of the College World Series starts a 3pm, the 2nd is scheduled to start at 8pm. Based on the view out my back window (looking west, on a ridge about 20 miles wsw of the stadium) both games will get rain. The forecast says possible severe storms late, and that means evacuating the stadium.

As I've said elsewhere - there must be some secret cosmic rule, Omaha will get severe weather during the College World Series.

by not Michael on Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:47 pm
The storm is moving slower than I thought 3 hours ago. Its still well west of me. I'm not even under a tornado watch yet. The current watch ends one county west of me.

I watched the news on the tv. But I'm keeping that information for the next storm. This is setting up to be a normal year, with a tornado watch every 4-8 days and a couple of tornado warnings. That's life in Tornado Alley.

The folks at the College World Series are being told to go to the Century Link Center if it gets bad during the game. The two facilities are so close the same parking lots serve both.

I think I'll eat dinner, then go next door and invite my neighbor to park her car in my garage. Her garage is full, and she can't afford to replace her car.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:35 pm

by Tamianth on Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:17 pm
What a nice person you are NM! :hapsmile: A good neighbor! If only we all had neighbors like you! :hapsmile:
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:35 pm

by not Michael on Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:36 am
The storm didn't hit until very late, long after 10pm. The game must have been over by then. My storm radio went off several time for a severe thunderstorm, not a tornado. I was too sleepy to notice what time it was.

The neighbors and I do nice stuff back and forth all the time. She tends to my cats when I go out of town. And sometime this summer he will repair the fence that separates our back yards.
0 x

Tamianth

Post by Tamianth » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:36 pm

by Tamianth on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:28 am
Oh how nice! Its awesome to have good neighbors. We got lucky I think with the folks who bought the land behind us. A tad bit dense at first but once they got things figured out all went well and we got the lines adjusted out ok. Wish I could say the same for the ones on the other side of us. :sad: :rolleye:

There's one house that sits above us and they are pretty nice. Vance and Marsha have a small strip that runs in between and that it was larger then it actually is. The creek actually runs the property line. So we did a small swap out for a small area where the water lines run and I have a small lilly pond. Gave up some River frontage off the end line of around 10-15 feet. It squared us up actually.
0 x